[ZWeb] Basic instructions for using ZCGI

Martijn Pieters mj@zope.com
Fri, 4 Jan 2002 11:11:07 -0500

On Wed, Jan 02, 2002 at 06:06:53AM -0500, Neil Burnett wrote:
> Has anyone got a example of how ZCGI works? I am a little confused over
> where extensions should and shouldn't be used. I am working with Perl
> scripts. I assume I can name a ZCGIScript object something.pl (i.e. the
> same name as the actual script filename) so I don't need to change the
> imported HTML pages that use it. The cgifile property seems to insist on
> no extension (I wonder why, out of curiosity?)
>
> I also get a  "Can not locate a COMSPEC environment variable to use as the
> shell" when trying to view or run the script. I have assumed that ZCGI
> knows about the PATH env variable in Windows, so I haven't modified the
> ZCGIExtMap property. The script runs fine in a command window.
>
> This will be the product that helps me move old web sites to ZServer, so
> "Many Thanks" to haqa.

Hi Neil,

You can best ask questions about ZCGI by using the "feedback to this page's
author" link, instead of using the "feedback about Zope.org" link. The
latter will send your email to the Zope-Web mailinglist, which the author of
ZCGI prolly doesn't read.

Hope this helps!

--
Martijn Pieters