[ZWeb] Zope.org feedback: Welcome to Zope.org

Martijn Pieters mj@zope.com
Fri, 11 Jan 2002 11:48:06 -0500

On Fri, Jan 11, 2002 at 10:03:57AM -0500, John Kuster wrote:
> Good morning,
>
> I'm a Zope newbie and I'm looking for some help.  I'm attempting to
> install MySQL-python-0.9.0 as part of Zope-2.4.3.  I'm running Zope on a
> Pentium 166 with Red Hat 7.1.
> I have installed Distutils-1.0.2 in the /lib/python/Products directory.  I
> have mysql (client) installed on this machine.  The server (mysqld) is
> installed on another machine on the network.
>
> I successfully unpacked MySQL-python-0.9.0.  I then went to
> execute the build command by typing: python setup.py build
>
> Upon executing the command I got a number of messages that ended with:
>
> running build_ext
> building 'mysql' extension
> gcc -g 02 -fPIC -I/usr/include/mysql -I/usr/include/pyhton1.5 -c _mysql.c
> -o build/temp.linux-i586-1.5/_mysql.o
> _mysql.c:41:19 mysql.h No such file or directory
> _mysql.c:42:26 mysqld_error.h: No such file or directory
> _mysql.c:43:20: errmsg.h: No such file or directory
>
> I'm wondering if someone can give me some insight as to what this means,
> and how I should proceed to install the driver?

Hi John,

You have reached the maintainers of the Zope.org website. Unfortunately, we
cannot help you with your MySQL database adapter specific problem. Your best
bet is to either ask your question on the Zope-DB mailinglist, or directly
ask the author of the product.

More info on the Zope-DB mailinglist and othe Zope related lists, see:

The author of the product in question can be reached by clicking on the
"Feedback to this page's author" link in the footer of the page where you
downloaded the product.

Last but nor least you could try and see if anyone on the #zope IRC channel
on irc.zope.org can help you out. See:

  http://www.zope.org/Documentation/Chats

Hope this helps!

--