[ZWeb] NZO: Back2Work.

seb bacon seb@jamkit.com
Fri, 07 Jun 2002 09:35:17 +0100

Sidnei da Silva wrote:
> PS: Also on this list are:
>
>   * Trevor
>   * Robert
>   * Seb
>   * Charl
>   * Olivier
>
> I didnt heard from this guys since the last IRC meeting. So, at least if they
> give me a "Hi, im still breathing" i would be very happy. :)

Hi, I'm still breathing :)

I simply don't have any time free now or in the forseeable future.

On the other hand, I am making a 'hierarchical keyword' system for a
client in the next few weeks.

Subject metadata will be added according to a hierarchy rather than a
flat list.  For example, today's football match between England and
Argentina might come under the Sport -> Football -> World Cup 2002
category.  The hierarchy serves 2 purposes: to help the user drill down
to the correct category, and to group related items together (so the
French Open would be more closely related to the England v. Argentina
match than it is to the Python programming language).

This opens up applications like 'related pages', etc.  Hopefully I could
integrate this into NZO fairly easily.

Otherwise, I'll keep reading the list and giving comments when I have time.

seb