[ZWeb] Zope.org feedback: ZODB

Lennart Regebro lennart@torped.se
Tue, 11 Jun 2002 15:14:27 +0200

From: "Delens Pierre-Yves (via www.zope.org)" <py.delens@lienterfaces.be>
> prior to diving into Zope, we 'd like to know 1 thing about ZODB :

Hi!

You have reached zope-web, the mailinglist for people involved with the
zope-website. The best place to ask questions about zope is the mailinglist
for zope users, zope@zope.org, since there are more people with
zope-knowledge on that list.

Now on to your questions:

> Is a ZODB  database moveable between 2 servers (test and production) by
simple copy (FTP, like Access) ?

Yes.

> On a table by table basis, or only as a whole ?

ZODB is an object-oriented database, and it therefore has no tables (at
least not in the normal sense).
If you want to move a part of a database you can export that part to a file
and then import it in the other database.

Best Regards

Lennart Regebro
Torped Strategi och Kommunikation AB
http://www.easypublisher.com/