[ZWeb] New zope.org mockups !!

Olivier Deckmyn odeckmyn.list@teaser.fr
Tue, 12 Mar 2002 11:34:52 +0100

Hi seb

> Good work!  The voting system is a very good idea.

Thanx.

> Could I suggest making the first stage last a while longer?

No problem for me. I just want not to have to wait for weeks, to keep the
project active and attractive.

> This is simply because MaxM is producing the Information Architecture
stage
> which may have an impact on the actual designs required.

I do not agree a lot... On my point of view, graphic design and content
archictecture are 2 different things.
Yes, there might be some graphic elements that are directly linked to the
content architecture, but that might not change the "spirit" of a web
design. For a given site kind (here, a community website), graphic designer
knows the kind of site he has to make.
WebDesign and Architecture can be 2 parallel and concurrent tasks. Once
finished, anything can be modified on the WebDesign part.

This is my point of view. We can discuss it.

> Have you seen the survey responses I compiled?  There is a short section
> on the kinds of design repondents liked, which you might find
> interesting.

Yes ! Interessting. I will see if Nicolas is inspired by one or some of
them. I will tell you.

> http://www.zope.org/Resources/ZOST/ZopeOrgReorg/SurveyResponses
>
> I've added your proposal for the process, and a link to your mockups, to
> the Wiki.

Thanx you seb.

Olivier,
Open to discussion !