[ZWeb] Feltrinelli publisher

mberi@linkgroup.it mberi@linkgroup.it
Tue, 26 Mar 2002 18:59:29 +0100

Feltrinelli is one of the biggest italian publisher and we just realize
their site (http://www.feltrinelli.it) using Zope, postgresql and
GNU/Linux.
Here is a translation form http://www.feltrinelli.it/Credits:

"This site has been developed by means of Open Source software only, a
choice of sides not only technological but also ethical, bound to the issue
of knowledge sharing, the core of both the cultural and computer science
debate nowadays. Pekka Himanen, "The Hacker Ethic and the Spirit of the
Information Age" author, wished us: "It's a great thing that Feltrinelli -
one of the few large-sized publishing companies - has oriented towards an
opensource solution for its web site. It does truly live in the hacker
ethic. This is the best choice ever and I hope that this example will be
followed by many other great publishers".

Ciao.
Marco.