[ZWeb] FYI: Some cleanup on current zope.org

Paul Everitt paul@zope.com
Thu, 09 May 2002 08:20:26 -0400

Howdy.  I finally got annoyed enough that I made some cleanups on the
current zope.org.  Please let me know if I goofed something up:

   o I added a EuroPython 2002 banner atop the right column.

   o Rearranged and edited the main text on the home page.  I
   de-emphasized the "news" and tried, generally, to bring more up
   "above the fold".

   o I removed ZDP from the exits, as it hasn't changed since Oct 2001.

   o Turned "served by app2" into an HTML comment.

   o Removed the "business_services" DTML method and moved its text
   into index_html.

   o Shortened the text in the top menu ("Business
   Services" -> "Zope Corp" and "Documentation" -> "Docs") so
   that it won't wrap.

One of these days I'll get sick of the CSS and clean it up, such as the
weird fonts on:

   http://zope.org/Members/andorsch/Emil_Email_Client/emil_release0.6

However, I can't find the object that actually formats the index_html
for News Items.  It must be on disk.  I thought it was a ZClass.

In the next few days I'll be putting BeeHive's Zope Mag in the
spotlight.  I'll need to queue up the next spotlight and try to get into
a better rotation.

--Paul