[ZWeb] FYI: Status of sandboxes

Janko Hauser jh@comunit.de
Thu, 16 May 2002 15:44:06 +0200

On Thu, 16 May 2002 08:26:00 -0400
Paul Everitt <paul@zope.com> wrote:

> Howdy all.  A quick status, mostly of interest to those thinking
> about doing sandboxes.

Thanks a lot for the info.

> Yesterday Sidnei and I went through the whole process of setting up
> a sandbox, then setting up a read-write checkout of ZopeOrg-NV, and
> each making some changes.  He and I are now committing changes into
> CVS for nzo.  Progress!

One question. How do I make a cvs up in the hole sandbox and not only
some before known parts?

> As a side note, ChrisM has done a wonderful job with the sandbox
> machinery and the instructions.

Right, it is amazing, how smooth it went.

> This morning I took Trevor's product page mockup and converted it to
> basic ZPT, then checked in the page and the images.  There's still a
> fair bit to do on it.  None of the data are generated dynamically
> yet, obviously, as the software product Product will have to change.

Is there some form of marker in the ZPT to see, which bits should be
handeld by programming?

> I *think* the following people are working on getting sandboxes
> going:
>
>    o Paul, Sidnei, Janko, Robert, hopefully Trevor, Ausum, and
>    Olivier
>
> Others?
>
> Regarding the cluster itself, we are hoping to relocate the boxes in
> the next week to the hosting site.  Right now we are seeing weird
> things with the migrated content, such as the site hanging when you
> point ab at it.  On the good side, some of the pages are getting 50
> rps on each processor when the actions bar and breadcrumbs are
> removed from the skin.  As long as each processor can cough up 10
> rps, I'll feel comfortable.

At least the actions bar can be cached, right?

I will approach this with a small fix from the tracker and look if I
need help.

__Janko

--
i.A. Dr. Janko Hauser
Software Engineering

http://www.comunit.de/	mailto:jh@comunit.de
Eiffestr. 598		20537 Hamburg | Germany
Fon 040 | 21 11 05 25	Fax  040 | 21 11 05 26