[ZWeb] DISCUSS: To hell with tables

Philippe Jadin all@123piano.com
Fri, 17 May 2002 18:06:04 +0200 (Paris, Madrid (heure d'été))

On Thu, 16 May 2002 11:10:02 -0400 Paul Everitt <paul@zope.com> wrote:

> That's the title of a link on the page Olivier sent.  Here's the article:
>
>    http://www.alistapart.com/stories/tohell/
>
> I looked at it in Netscape, then looked at it in lynx and links.  Looks
> plain but readable.  They even tell us how to do it.
>
> I'd love, love, love to kick the table habit.  +1, anybody?
>
> --Paul

- Doing multicolumn layouts with css only is very hard (is it worth the
time it will take?) (iow, maybe there are other things to do in the meantime)

- what is wrong with tables? imho a three columns layout can be made with a
table, it's not totally outside the scope of the <table> tag to present
"tabular layouts"

My 2 cents (btw I tried and I failed with css only, so maybe I'm not the
right guy to judge)

Philippe Jadin
123piano.com

Show this to someone, and they'll most probably call it "a table" :

|  |(title) |   |
|n |(body)  |  n|