[ZWeb] erm assumptions

george donnelly list@zettai.net
Tue, 12 Nov 2002 10:50:57 -0500

well, it wouldn't be very different from zopezen, for example, except that
it would be on zope.org :)

it would be the ZWN but in bitsize and timely pieces. having one person do a
monstrous ZWN from time to time is a daunting task. but if you make it
doable in bite-size pieces its more doable and might attract more
contributors.

this could be interfaced to a mailing list and people could choose to get
the new postings by email immediately (bite-size pieces) or as a weekly
digest (=the original ZW(eekly)News). the weekly digest could be sent out
far and wide. :)

as far as the editorial part, there could be an editorial team. I'm willing
to be a part of this and even lead it. I think the coding of the app would
be trivial. click up a new Type in CMF, click up a workflow, code a catalog
query for the main inside page, perhaps change how the news box is made,
make a python script that sends it to a mailing list and set up the mailing
list. this is 4 hours work tops (I'll do it, too.)

<-->
george donnelly - http://zettai.net/ - "We Love Newbies" :)
Zope Hosting - Dynamic Website Design - Search Engine Promotion
Yahoo, AIM: zettainet - ICQ: 51907738 - e:george@zettai.net