[ZWeb] FYI: Next step on news

Martijn Pieters mj@ZOPE.COM
Fri, 15 Nov 2002 10:59:50 -0500

On Fri, Nov 15, 2002 at 01:29:33PM +0100, Paul Everitt wrote:
> That's a neat format, but I don't think that STX will let you put the
> references inline like that.  I think you have to put it at the bottom.
>  Of course, there's STX vs. STX-NG vs. ReST.  I can't keep the footnote
> syntax straight on these.

STX does references just fine. Here is a test I just did:

Test paragraph

  This is a paragraph about some nice items, which has a reference[1] in it
  as well.  Now we make sure that it is a multi line paragraph. The
  reference will be pointing to a line below.

  .. [1] http://www.zope.org

  Another paragraph is here. Again, we include some references[2]. Make sure
  this is more than one line[2].

  .. [2] http://www.zope.com

  .. [3] http://www.python.org