[ZWeb] Zope.org feedback: Is there a jython version of zope

R. David Murray bitz@bitdance.com
Wed, 4 Sep 2002 14:00:32 -0400 (EDT)

On Wed, 4 Sep 2002, alan runyan wrote:
> I think Zope3 has little to no C extensions and if
> there was lots of interest.. and when Jython 2.2 is
> released (Zope3 requires Python2.2) - I believe Zope
> would be more much more easily ported to
> Java than the current Zope2 branch.

The latter half of this statement is almost certainly
true, but the former part will not remain true.  Zope3
hasn't been optimized much yet, but that will happen,
and then there will be C extensions involved.  But not
ExtensionClass, which was the biggest bear for Java
porting, as far as I heard.

--RDM