[ZWeb] use ExternalEditor on zope.org?

Casey Duncan casey@zope.com
Wed, 11 Sep 2002 14:52:49 -0400

It is actually there. Chris McDonough installed it, but removed the patch=
 that=20
makes the pencils appear on folder views. So, for right now, you have to =
form=20
the url manually:

http://www.zope.org/Members/you/externalEdit_/someitem

Chris and I are tossing around the idea of upgrading it to 0.5 where a=20
permission governs the display of the pencil icons. The permission would =
be=20
off by default, but you could turn it on for your member folder in the=20
security tab.

How does that sound?

-Casey