[ZWeb] Re: NZO Alpha Announcement

Sidnei da Silva sidnei@x3ng.com
Thu, 3 Apr 2003 17:55:27 -0300

On Thu, Apr 03, 2003 at 12:43:45PM -0800, Simon Michael wrote:
| Sidnei - I agree with Shane.  Also I don't think you have get this perfect
| before rolling out nzo. If you do a simple alphabetic list of products for
| now, I'd be delighted. I know it'll be a long list.
|
| If we can bring back categories later in a way that's more useful later,
| then great. IMHO the categorized view should also list all products on the
| page, so that one can always search the page text. If the number of
| products just make this impractical, then we should apply some kind of
| default filter (updated in last year or whatever).

Nice suggestion indeed. I just made a object to help out with this
issue, which seems to be very common. (Building listings of
content). It allows one to choose a header and footer for a listing,
what objects are going to be listed and from where they are coming
(container or catalog, later i will add pythonscript as an
option). And, for each portal_type you can say what macro you want to
use to render a single item. One nice feature to add here would be
search, which im trying to make generic without a speed penalty.

[]'s

--
Sidnei da Silva (dreamcatcher) <sidnei@x3ng.com.br>
X3ng Web Technology <http://www.x3ng.com.br>

Real computer scientists like having a computer on their desk, else how
could they read their mail?