[ZWeb] Zope.org Site

Terry Hancock hancock at anansispaceworks.com
Mon Aug 25 19:34:02 EDT 2003

On Monday 25 August 2003 09:05 am, Jeffrey P Shell wrote:
> On Sunday, August 24, 2003, at 11:11  PM, alan runyan wrote:
> Because by default, Description is supposed to be a few sentences
> describing a content item.  It should be free from markup.  The content
> body should be markup specific.  For whatever reason, 'Description' was
> used for the main body of software packages, and as such has none of
> the CMF's renderers behind it.  This is not a one line fix.  And nor
> should it default to Structured Text automatically, because then all of
> the people who used HTML end up in a bind.
>
> It should be fixed, but it will take some work.

I sure hope you meant "supposed" in the sense of
"unfortunately and foolishly assumed" instead of
"recognized as the only true morally upstanding way
of doing things"  ;-D

Well anyway, it was rendered correctly before.  I'd
be okay with writing a brief abstract if there were to
be a longer version accessible as well.  But I distinctly
remember being directed to choose "plain text",
"structured text" or "HTML".

Cheers,
Terry