[ZWeb] (Simple) feature request: mail-to link for list archives

Joseph Grace occam@serv.net
Mon, 3 Feb 2003 09:32:48 -0800

Dear Zope-web:

I believe it would be very, very desirable to have mail-to and reply-to
links in the mailing list archives section.  I do not subscribe but do
browse and, on occasion, am inspired enough to post.  It would be a
great convenience to have a mail-to (new thread) and reply-to (reply to
currently displayed post) links to ease the process.

-=-

While I'm at it, one more (simple) feature request:

It would be desirable for browsing if the "Next message:" link was
stationary (so that the mouse could stay stationary instead of having
to track it from message to message).  It already does stay stationary
under most circumstances (so that's good).  It would be nice for it to
be perfect.  The two situations which cause problems are:

1.  beginning of messages (when there is no previous message), so next
message migrates up a line.  This could be avoided by leaving a blank
line or inactive link for "Previous message:" for that circumstance.

2.  The message title grows to more than one line (or shrinks from more
than one line).  In these cases, all the buttons bounce down (or up) as
the case may be.  This issue could be alleviated by putting the
button-links above the title.  I'm not sure about aesthetics, but I'd
certainly find it more functional (and would take function over form,
if choosing).

Other than these minor tweaks, I'd say the interface is very pleasant
to use.  The mail-to/reply-to would be a godsend (increased
participation and all that), and the navigation tweaks a significant
upgrade.

Thanks,

= Joe =