[ZWeb] Re: Re: light blue touch paper and stand back (was Re: Re: NZO, was Re: Zope 3 branding)

Simon Michael simon@joyful.com
Tue, 04 Feb 2003 09:17:22 -0800

Jeffrey - thanks for interesting posts.  I don't have much more to say on
this, except that:

1. Beyond very simple sites we generally can't know in advance what kind
of content, organization and workflow will work, both on the scale of
sites and individual pages (cf your Mailing Lists and Zope Solution
Providers example).

I see wiki as a medium that's lightweight and flexible enough to prototype
and discover and develop these things more rapidly and cheaply and
collaboratively than the more structured, more complicated tools.  If you
try to build everything with c++ and java and rule out python and perl,
you'll miss out. Wiki enables more agile development.

2. I can't see how having a zope wiki on zope.org is anything but an
improvement of the status quo. You said you'd love to see one hosted
somewhere else - I'm happy to offer zwiki.org for that, but it's hard to
imagine a zope wiki reaching it's potential except at zope.org.  If it
turns out to be less useful than the rest of the site, then great, we
ignore it.

Heck, I'm suggesting we give the zope.org wikis a severe pruning and
consolidation, I thought you'd be pleased. How do we lose ? Am I missing
something ?

I guess I had a bit more to say. I think that's about it as far as
arguments go.

Cheers,
-Simon