[ZWeb] NZO pre-alpha Announcement and Call for volunteers

Sidnei da Silva sidnei@x3ng.com
Sat, 15 Feb 2003 20:30:02 -0200

On Sat, Feb 15, 2003 at 03:05:12PM -0700, Jeffrey P Shell wrote:
<snip>

Thanks for your opinion Jeffrey! I couldnt have said better.

| >I won't start a rant, but would like to sugest that you at least
| >removes the navigation-box, which I have always found confusing,
| >compared to the breadcrumbs...
|
| I agree.  Well, I haven't always found the navigation box confusing,
| but a site needs to be very well managed to make it work.  When you
| have a lot of content, it can fill up with quickly with distracting
| links instead of helpful navigation.  This was a very quick turn-off
| when looking at the pre-alpha NZO site.  This can be addressed by
| policy settings in the navigation tool though.  But I would not be
| adverse to seeing the navigation box go away.  Most content item titles
| will be too long to work effectively in a vertical setting like that
| anyways - a problem that affect many sites.  I think solid index pages
| offer better navigation options.

As zwark pointed out (on the collector), the navigation box is one of
the most configurable and flexible tools in Plone. We can make some
experiments with it and if no-one is happy it can go away. I would
like to hear other suggestions about how to do navigation on new Zope.org,
as the current navigation on http://www.zope.org is not what we call amazing
either.

[]'s
--