[ZWeb] FYI: Readying the "Zope Download Center"

Guido van Rossum guido@python.org
Sun, 12 Jan 2003 21:18:14 -0500

> >> We could get real-time data with a proven piece of software that we
> >> don't have to maintain.  Cool!
> >
> > Where do you get the idea that if you put it in mysql you won't have
> > any maintenance?
>
> I think others will do the software commits.  For instance, I don't
> think ZC plans to become contributors to Apache or Squid.  But we're
> using Apache and/or Squid.

Actually, ZC *is* contributing to Squid.

> But yes, as you pointed out, all software requires some effort, good
> point.

Exactly.

Personally, I think real-time download stats are a low priority.  This
can be as low-tech as it gets as long as we can see daily or weekly
trends.