[ZWeb] Re: Zope.net

Paul Everitt paul@eurozope.org
Mon, 13 Jan 2003 17:15:31 +0100

On Monday, Jan 13, 2003, at 17:11 Europe/Paris, Guido van Rossum wrote:

>> Maybe it's time to propose reStructuredText support.  Andreas did some
>> work to add reStructuredText to Zope 2.7, but I don't know if his work
>> has been officially accepted, nor if it's really flexible enough for
>> reST.  Richard Jones' ZReST document has some odd behaviors (certain
>> reStructuredText rules don't work) that I was somehow able to
>> duplicate
>> when monkey patching CMF to allow text-handling via small Handler
>> components.
>>
>> Anyways, it's rules are much clearer.  Like you, I still get surprised
>> by STX-NG's indentation rules.  And how long have we been using it?  I
>> still can't get a code snippet right on first try.  Ugh.
>
> +1000.

I have the impression if we shot STX-NG and buried it in the back yard,
Guido would be the first in line to delivery the eulogy. :^)

Now if we could just eliminate the surprises in FTP and DAV.  Jeffrey,
have you ever noted on OS X how the CMF sticks Windows ^M in the RFC822
headers of documents?

--Paul