[ZWeb] Zope.org and New zope.org status

Guido van Rossum guido@python.org
Mon, 13 Jan 2003 21:31:32 -0500

> What's the plan for user management, and does this plan fit into the
> "released software" criteria?  I know some of the answer, but not
> all of the answer.

Rob has offered NZO the use of a commercial ZC product for managing
large sets of users.  This is still under construction, but it will be
ready soon.  Until then we can use a vanilla user folder (CZO does
that, so it's not unbearable to use that approach a little longer,
right?).

> Point: expect turbulence.

That's why Sidnei wants volunteers to kick in once the product is in
alpha.  Now that I understand the volunteer "vetting" procedure, I
think there's no reason volunteering would be frustrated by a slow
procedure.