[ZWeb] Re: [Zope] NZO Alpha2 Announcement

Paul Winkler pw_lists@slinkp.com
Wed, 18 Jun 2003 09:27:28 -0400

On Wed, Jun 18, 2003 at 12:13:59PM -0300, Sidnei da Silva wrote:
> Howdy,
>
> Im announcing that the Alpha2 of NZO is ready, and can be found at
> http://dev.nzo.zope.org

Looking very nice Sidnei!

I notice that most (all?) pages seem to lack a useful title in the <head>.

I also notice a lot of missing or broken links in the left nav,
listed below.

ABOUT ZOPE
I'd expect clicking on "About Zope" to tell me something about
Zope, not about Zope.org and its cluster :)
Maybe there should be a separate "About zope.org" link in this section?

- What is Zope?
  This is not getting the dev skin.

- Roadmap
  404.

- News
  looks good.

BUSINESS
no link.

- Zope Corporation
  should this go to a page with a link to zope.com, rather than sending
  you straight there? or open it in a new window? zope.com is an "exit"...

- Solution Providers
  looks OK.

- Hosting
  no link.

- Marketing Zope
  no link.

COMMUNITY
no link.

- Report Bugs
  vague title... i'd half-expect this to point to collector.zope.org/Zope

- Mailing Lists
  blank page

- IRC
  404

- User Groups
  looks ok

- Zope Powered Sites
  no link

DOCUMENTATION
top-level link is OK

- Zope Book
  security too tight...the 2.6 edition is viewable but the 2.5 edition
  tells me i have insufficient privileges.

- API Reference
  404.

- ZPT Reference
  404.

- DTML Reference
  404.

- Administrator's Guide
The first sentence is "This has been deprecated."  Probably shouldn't
be linked from the left nav then :-)

- How-To's
NameError
name 'pm_radtip' is not defined

- Books in print
no link

DOWNLOAD
looks ok

- Zope
  looks ok

- Products by category
  no link.

- All products
  no link.

PROJECTS
looks ok

- Zope 3
  doesn't use the new skin

- New zope.org
  Error type:  Not Found
   Error value: Cannot find default view for "/projects/nzo/FrontPage"

ZOPE EXITS
no link

- all the individual exit links look OK

--