NZO content administration (was: Re: [ZWeb] Zope.org feedback: Welcome to Zope.org)

Erik Lange erik@digitalforbruger.dk
Mon, 03 Mar 2003 00:09:23 +0100

At 11:34 PM 2/27/03, Jeffrey P Shell wrote:
>On Thursday, February 27, 2003, at 01:55  PM, Matt Young (via
>www.zope.org) wrote:
>
>>When you have extremely stale content on a site like this you make it
>>next to impossible for people to justify Zope as a viable technology.
>>Imagine:  "using Zope/CMF/Plone you can easily author, edit, and approve
>>fresh content for your site."  Featured article:  2 months old.  Zope
>>training:  two weeks past.  If you really want to promote Zope, the very
>>easiest thing to do is simply freshen up the home page.
>
>Thank you for your input.
>
>We are working on upgrading the site to much newer software than what is
>currently running the Zope.org.  The current Zope.org site pioneered a lot
>of Zope technologies and ideas that have found their way into newer
>software offerings, but sadly it cannot take advantage of those newer
>offerings.

I believe it's important that the new zope.org won't have this problem, and
therefore it should not be build on products that have choosen to differ
from the current path of CMF, even if it speeds up the production of a NZO
- or we will have the same problem in six months or sooner... unless
ofcourse, if the choosen product is going to be the official CMF
implementation in the future...

>That said, it's still running very well considering the size of its
>content database, community, and age.

+1 :-)

If it ain't broken, don't fix it ;-)

It seems to me, that the biggest problem with the current Zope.org, is
keeping content uptodate, and not the look and functionallity - how will
this be improved with NZO ?

As I see it, a new site with a new design, will not solve this problem...
that doesn't mean, that I don't respect Sidney's work, I'm just not sure it
will be that much of an improvement for the community, comparred to the
current zope.org...

Greetings,
Erik Lange