NZO content administration (was: Re: [ZWeb] Zope.org feedback: Welcome to Zope.org)

Erik Lange erik@digitalforbruger.dk
Mon, 03 Mar 2003 03:21:19 +0100

At 02:59 AM 3/3/03, Andy McKay wrote:
> > actually I love the current Zope.org, and my
>>point is, that I don't see the need to update the site itself, but only=20
>>sees a need for tighter content administration/updating policies.
>
>Really, that's an unusual position.

Really - considering the potential users of the site.

>I haven't been in the guts of Zope.org, but I've had a look at some of the=
=20
>more exposed bits and its seemed like it needs a good fix.

Okay - I haven't... I just looks at it from a users point of view, and of=20
course the design and layout could be more fancy, but that's not the most=20
important thing for me. Simplicity and usabillity is, and it works for me=20
at present :-)

I do believe though, that a "ZopeZen-look" would be great - I've always=20
loved the look-and-feel of your site, even before you used Plone for the=20
back-end ;-)

>It seemed to me in your initial post, you made a direct correlation=20
>between Plone and the ability to update content on the site.

Nope - that was not what I meant, sorry :-(

But it ssems to me, that some people sees a direct correlation between=20
using Plone and the ability to update content. As far as I know, there's=20
not yet any AI build into Plone, and intelligence is the key to managing=20
site content, so I would like to fokus on that part of NZO, regardsless of=
=20
whatever products that will be used.

>>>We have a webmaster, Mr Shell who is doing a good job. Let him do his=20
>>>job. We could have content rotate, be shown at random or not show at all.
>>Yes - but shouldn't we discuss these options too ?
>
>Absolutely. I've said several times in the past that the simplest solution=
=20
>is that if we have old content, do not show it. ie: if the article for the=
=20
>home page is more than a month old, dont show it.

+=BD :-)

( The half because, when products reaches a really stable state, they don't=
=20
get updated that offen, but should still be available, since they at that=20
state often are of higher value that 0.xx products that are beeing updated=
=20
every week ;-))

Hilsen,
Erik Lange
--

Om den nye ophavsretlov:
"Det skal nok blive sjovt at forklare min s=F8n om det!

Henrik Lund Kramsh=F8j