NZO content administration (was: Re: [ZWeb] Zope.org feedback: Welcome to Zope.org)

Erik Lange erik@digitalforbruger.dk
Mon, 03 Mar 2003 11:11:23 +0100

At 10:33 AM 3/3/03, Andy McKay wrote:
>>(I just got a site error trying to acces ZopeZen ?)
>
>Yes the hardware for hosting ZopeZen is currently in question. Although=20
>should now hopefully be working, is it for you.

Yes, it's working fine now :-)

>>Now, don't take this wrong, but there's still the point made by Jeffrey:=
=20
>>"The current Zope.org site pioneered a lot of Zope technologies and ideas=
=20
>>that have found their way into newer software offerings, but sadly it=20
>>cannot take advantage of those newer offerings." - how do we make sure=20
>>that this won't happen again ?
>
>Well I dont understand the exact ins and outs of CZO but from what I know=
=20
>its more a mass of duct taped together ZClasses, PTK and some other closed=
=20
>stuff. That are tentatively held together at the moment.
>
>AFAIK all the tools that make up NZO are open sourced, I've even seen one=
=20
>of the products in the collective CVS, seems like a good start to me and I=
=20
>think Guido and Sidnei have done a good job of keeping this up. Is this=20
>what you mean?

Yes, Guido and Sidnei have done great work here :-)

What I mean is, that since we now have a framework to build on, we should=20
be able to include future products in the site, which of course can't be=20
done with the current structure. In time CMF will again evolve into=20
something different and perhaps "disapear"completely with Zope3, so things=
=20
may change here too, but I believe that taking this into consideration now,=
=20
will save a lot of time migrating NZO to a New Generation. Designed very=20
carefully with this in mind, future migrations could actually mean just=20
installing new products for i.e. Frontpage design or special content types,=
=20
changing the look and feel of the site overnight... To me, that's the point=
=20
of having a common framework ;-)

>>But that's what we need to discuss - what should and what shouldn't be=20
>>ported back into CMF Core - IMHO. This to ensure that NZO in the future=20
>>actually _can_ "take advantage of those newer offerings".
>
>Things trickle down all the time. But thats a discussion for the CMF lists=
 :)

Yes :-)

Greetings,
Erik Lange
--

Om den nye ophavsretlov:
"Det skal nok blive sjovt at forklare min s=F8n om det!

Henrik Lund Kramsh=F8j