[ZWeb] nzo: more inspiration...

Jeffrey P Shell jeffrey@cuemedia.com
Tue, 25 Mar 2003 10:50:21 -0700

On Tuesday, March 25, 2003, at 03:20  AM, PieterB wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Some more suggestions/remarks:
>
> I think the main navigation (About Zope...) should be more prominent.
> What about moving the login box from the upper left to the lower left
> side? That will make the main navigation more prominent, and existing
> users will find their way to the login anyhow. Btw I think existing
> Zope
> users use larger screen sizes, so that the login box will appear on
> their first screen. You can't expect new users want to login the first
> time they see the site.

I noticed a funny reaction I had to some sites I surfed to this weekend
that had login boxes.  The more prominent the login box, the more I
thought I needed to have an account to get any use out of the site.
One site (I can't remember what it was) had such a prominent login box
that I stared at it for a couple of minutes wondering if I wanted to
sign up before noticing that all of the content was immediately usable.

Just an interesting usability note.