Zope book progress, was Re: [ZWeb] http://zope.org/Documentation/Guides/

Paul Winkler pw_lists at slinkp.com
Sat Aug 21 12:51:30 EDT 2004

On Sat, Aug 21, 2004 at 11:21:50AM +0200, Chris Withers wrote:
> Mark wrote:
>
> >I appreciate your enthusiasm. But deleting docs is really a bad idea.
>
> Deleting misleading, outdated information is fine by me.
>
> >Remove links anywhere you see fit (that's all the page at this location
> >seems to point to)
>
> I'm talking about the contents of that folder. I'm not sure it's even
> linked from anywhere, hence the question...
>
> >Old docs at the very least they serve as an outline for what these types
> >of docs can contain
> >if/when we find people to volunteer to take over these documents.
>
> This is cute, but given the trouble we have finding anyone to maintain
> ANY docs, I'd hypothesise these will NEVER get seen, even as a basis for
> other docs.
>
> Besides, I'm fairly sure that ALL of those "guides" have been superceded
>  by the Zope Book and Zope Developers Guide, neither of which are
> seeing much maintenence either ;-)

Please don't make pronouncements like that, smiley or no.
Do you really not know about this?
http://www.plope.com/Books/2_7Edition/view
According to the signup page, 10 chapters are done,
6 in progress, 10 unclaimed, the remaining 4 assigned but unknown status.
Speaking for myself, I did some work on mine this week.

We need more volunteers. Any chance of doing a chapter, Chris?
Anyone?

Can't speak for the ZDG though. Anyone?

--

Paul Winkler