[ZWeb] Access to svn.zope.org denied

Chris Withers chris at simplistix.co.uk
Sun Aug 22 02:41:40 EDT 2004

Michael Haubenwallner wrote:
> Inquiries on missing http-access to svn.zope.org are getting more at
> webmaster at zope.org.

I tried to tell this list the same thing a few days ago, I'm guessing
that message didn't make it to this list either :-(

> We are now pointing people to
> http://mail.zope.org/pipermail/zope-dev/2004-August/023639.html
> (JimFulton on why anonynmous http-access has been withdrawn)

...yep, and I've emailed Jim direct to ask him where that Apache lives.
I'd like to stick in a rewrite rule that redirects to something like:
http://www.zope.org/SVNIsDown
...which would be a normal Plone document explaining what's going on.

> We could help even more, when we
> - add a hint to the 403-error page and
> - change the apache-test page at http://svn.zope.org
>
> and tell people about the situation and that they can access
> svn-repository with a svn client. Maybe add some links to client
> software too.

Perhaps you could draft the document on zope.org and I'll see if I can
make the changes to the Apache instance?

In any case, having the document there would mean we can refer to it in
replies rather than refering to Jim's email ;-)

cheers,

Chris

            - http://www.simplistix.co.uk