[ZWeb] "Zope Exits"

Mark mark at zopemag.com
Tue Aug 24 05:06:06 EDT 2004

Hello Michael,

On Aug 24, 2004, at 10:51 AM, Michael Haubenwallner wrote:

> Mark wrote:
>
>>> I agree with you. This should also be accepted policy for News Items
>>> ( i reject to publish news that contain direct advertising ) and
>>> other documents - there is a detailed explanation on
>>> http://www.zope.org/Help/ "What material is acceptable for Zope.org?"
>> I'm all for an acceptable News policy -- but where do people turn to
>> find out about commercial Zope offerings?
>
> This is what "Business"/"Zope Solution Providers" at
> http://www.zope.org/Resources/ZSP/ should be (but this page does not
> deliver - to be honest).
>
> Lets go and change the business section into something that works:
> create listings by
> - subject (books, magazines, hosting, consulting, ...)
> - country
> - alfabet
> - creation/modification date

I'm all for an improved Zope Solution Providers directory. Maybe I
misunderstood you. I thought you were talking
about News Items. My point was how to business communicate new Zope
based services or products if not
via a News Item and the zope-announce list? Where is the proper place
to make these announcements?

Regarding squeezing Magazines into those categories -- this could be
discussed if their was more than one
Zope magazine. But quite frankly I don't think books fit in that
category either. It certainly fits for training though.
And what exactly is a Zope Solution Provider then? Anything that
provides a solution and is commercial?

> Lets add a link to the "Business" section to "Zope Exits" then.

Let's explore this but think about other categories as well. What else
would fit. We have to think about more than
just a category if we do this.

Cheers,

Mark