[ZWeb] Front Page & Other Changes

Simon Michael simon at joyful.com
Wed Aug 25 03:13:31 EDT 2004

Ouch. I never saw Ken swear before.

My two cents.

1. Mark is not a bad guy. Zopemag has put out some good free content
over the years. Docs shouldn't be entirely deleted before people have
had a chance to review/salvage/agree with you. Clear fair process is
good. It's not all Plone's fault. Chris, no need to be so abrasive. :)

2. Obsolete docs are harmful and should indeed be hidden away from
users. Thoughtful undoable changes in the live site, as far as we can
collectively stand, are a good idea. Based on the recent 200%
improvement to zope.org front page I personally would allow Chris and
other active helpers a good amount of leeway right now. Process should
serve results here. We had a site that sucked for years, and suddenly we
don't. When you screw up, we'll let you know, and I'm sure you'll take
the feedback and modify/back down when necessary, as you are doing, or
when the time comes pass the baton having moved things forward a good deal.