[ZWeb] "Zope Exits"

Erik Lange erik at mmmanager.org
Wed Aug 25 05:15:32 EDT 2004

At 08:41 AM 8/25/04, Chris Withers wrote:
>>I do agree it is a slipery slope, but a simple policy on how commercial
>>sites are displayed would suffice and solve it (i.e. not as a Zope Exit)
>>- maybe adding a specific commercial piece which highlights those
>>companies successfully engaging in business with Zope.  The highlight of
>>their success is important for the community as well,
>>IMNSHO.  Approaching this without bias is the key, and this already seems
>>biased if you ask me.
>
>Agreed, and I think the ZSP section is the place to do this.

Just my 2 cents:

I believe Plone has meant a lot to the Zope community as a whole, by giving
people an easy way to start using Zope. I'd say Plone's succes has a lot to
do with the exposure Plone has had and still have on Zope.org.

I would like to see CPS, and Silva, to get equal "marketing help" from
Zope-org.

Should the Plone exit link move to ZSP, or does i.e. cps-project.org
deserve a Zope-exit, in your opinion ?

P.S: I like ZopeMag and the fact that it's easy to find through my main
zope-portal... an exit to ZopeMag weekly would be nice, IMHO.

Cheers,
Erik
--
My Fritz-chip doesn't understand me...