[ZWeb] Zope.Org Docs Page Draft

Mark mark at zopemag.com
Mon Jul 5 14:16:05 EDT 2004

Hello Simon,

On Jul 5, 2004, at 1:35 PM, Simon Michael wrote:

> My two cents - the draft looks like a nice improvement.

Thanks.

> I would only reword the Articles section. Mark your links to zopemag
> here and on zopewiki come across with a marketing feel that is a bit
> of a turnoff - zopemag is great and of course should be linked, but in
> a more neutral way.

Well then why don't you or someone else write a revised paragraph for
the Articles section?
That way it can't be biased towards ZopeMag.

> The newbies superguide is in the right place. I'd be inclined to have
> howtos, faqs, articles, books sections on an equal footing - why
> should Articles & Books stand out more than the rest.

I don't have a problem putting anything on equal footing -- its a
matter of space on the first page.
Take books for example by the end of the year I'm sure we will have
over 10 Books in print. A seperate page like the one on Zope.com makes
more sense.

As for How-to's, FAQs by all means we should add these. What would help
me is if some people could
write a paragraph and include a few links for each an I will add it to
the Graffle/PDF.

> Thanks for tackling this thankless task, please don't stop. :)

Appreciate the encouragement. Looking forward to working with you and
figuring out for example where linking to specific sections of the
ZWiki makes sense,

Cheers,

Mark