[ZWeb] zope.org volunteering

Jim Fulton jim at zope.com
Tue Jul 6 14:17:12 EDT 2004

Mark wrote:
> Hello Jim,
>
> On Jul 6, 2004, at 11:12 AM, Jim Fulton wrote:
>
>> Michael Haubenwallner wrote:
>>
>>> i signed zope.org TOS agreement last thursday, just after the chat.
>>

>> Great
>>
>>> could a kind soul contact me and give me some directions please ;)
>>> for a start i'd like to participate in
>>> - make the syndication feeds work again and more stable
>>> - create a suite of rss-feeds for different areas
>>> - adapt the way how new and changed content is presented
>>>   to zope.org visitors
>>

>> Hm, let's see.
>>
>> This sounds mainly like content work.  In which case, you need to
>> coordinate with Mark and, otherwise, post ideas here, which you have.
>

> It actually sounds more like ZPT/DTML, Python Scrip (Zope Systems) work
> to me.

The implementation may be.  The first step is to decide
the what.  Later, someone can figure out the how. :)

> The stuff about how new and changed content is presented I'll be happy
> to work
> with Michael on but I'd like to see some mockups / visual proposals of
> what he
> has in mind so that we can discuss them.

Yup.  Remember that, in theory, you are the content PHB. This means
the only work you need to do is to find people to do the work.  Of course,
finding yourself is an acceptable approach, but may not scale. ;)

>> If we need to change the software, you'll probably need file-system
>> access.
>> For that, you'll need to sign the non-disclosure agreement.
>> Alternatively,
>> someone else might be able to make changes for you.
>

> I will add this to my notes for the overview.

Note that in www.zope.org/About, the theory is that the content group
decides what the site should do.  If software changes are needed, they
turn to the systems group for help with implementation.

Jim