[ZWeb] Are Versions evil?

Michael Haubenwallner michael at d2m.at
Thu Jul 15 02:25:13 EDT 2004

Andreas Jung wrote:
> You're using the wrong list. Please use zope at zope.org for Zope related
> questions.
>
> -aj

Uh-oh. Seems to be one of these MacBitter days again.

After all these years you should know Peter by his name already, as a
contributor/author of the ZopeBook he deserves a better answer.

Noise about using Versions or not was very high (although in Plone
community mostly) and for me there was no straight answer given, but "do
not use it, better don't not ask me why". Then, another Zope release
died the discussion down and it never came up again.

2 cents from me.

Michael