[ZWeb] Zope.org Collector news

Michael Haubenwallner michael at d2m.at
Wed Jul 21 14:55:08 EDT 2004

Michael Haubenwallner wrote:

> To let you know whats going on:
>
> I have put some problems recently found with zope.org and through
> webmaster at zope.org in the collector:
> http://zope.org/Collectors/ZopeOrg (starting from #348)

I have looked into zope.org a few days now and need your help with some
problems i found. Talking to JimFulton today in #zope-web he suggested
to write-up a ToDo list to get the urgent issues done.

most urgent -
   http://zope.org/Collectors/ZopeOrg/356
   #356 zope.org ZCatalog issues

security critical -
   http://zope.org/Collectors/ZopeOrg/353
   #353 Workflow is broken
     pending (and lately even private) objects are visible to Anonymous

critical -
   http://zope.org/Collectors/ZopeOrg/352
   #352 Search results are missing objects
     search is performed on meta_type attributes

   http://zope.org/Collectors/ZopeOrg/355
   #355 Objects containing unicode characters are not (re)indexed

   http://zope.org/Collectors/ZopeOrg/151
   #151 Migration did not convert HowTos

software -
   http://zope.org/Collectors/ZopeOrg/348
   #348 reportlab module is missing
     on the fly pdf generation is broken

Most of the troubles will (hopefully) go away when the catalog issue is
resolved.

Michael (d2m)