[ZWeb] Search@zope.org

Michael Haubenwallner michael at d2m.at
Fri Sep 17 04:57:21 EDT 2004

tarek wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have been searching stuff in zope.org and it was very very slow.
>
> Furthermore, someone told me that he has been looking
> for a document he knew it was on zope.org, by searching it
> in different ways, he never found it.
>
> This is quite strange since he founds it thru google...
>
> I want to suggest two improvments on zope.org search engine:
>
> + accuracy
> + speed
>
> What do you people think about that ?

Hi Tarek,
i made some tests a while ago using google and the google site search
feature and zope.org search with same search terms - i liked the google
results a lot more. Speed was better of course.
Only thing google cannot do is searching by portal_type, but this
feature is disabled with current zope.org search too.

Michael