[ZWeb] "God Uses Zope" top news item could be offensive

Michael R. Bernstein webmaven at cox.net
Fri Sep 17 12:12:17 EDT 2004

On Fri, 2004-09-17 at 07:51, Andrew Sawyers wrote:

> Did this point to Zope site(s)?  Was it even zope related?  If not, a
> no-brainer.  If so, I question any kind of censorship.

It was a Zope site, but not otherwise Zope-related. As I said to Ray
Richards, we probably wouldn't have rejected the announcement on April
1st, when people expect funny announcements.

I don't really think of this as censorship (we aren't taking his site
down, after all). As a practical matter, we can't be expected to run a
news item for *every* new Zope site on zope.org, that's what 'Zope
Powered' links are for, and not all sites are newsworthy.

Perhaps we should consider adding a 'Zope Powered' box to the front page
that would encourage people to add them.

--
Michael R. Bernstein <webmaven at cox.net>