[ZWeb] Reply-To mailing lists policy

Jens Vagelpohl jens at dataflake.org
Wed Feb 2 16:00:26 EST 2005

On Feb 2, 2005, at 21:53, Chris McDonough wrote:
> I actually do like the "reply to sender, cc to list" as-is now, if only
> because when I respond to a list message, and people respond to that,
> their responses can show up in my Inbox rather than in my zope list
> folder.  It's easier for me to keep track of what's "important" that
> way, although I think it's exactly what you're complaining about.
> Remember, though: you do have a killfile. ;-)

It is the same, but in an inverse way: List mail is never really
important and gets sorted into folders. I don't want it directly in my
Inbox, which is for important stuff.

But that's not the point. The point is that IMHO good etiquette means
you don't CC list mail to a person if that person is already on the
list. I have to go through hoops to get there. Good etiquette also
means you keep list mail on the list itself, which won't happen if you
simply hit "Reply".

*ALL* other lists I am on (and there are tons) handle it the other way,
where Reply To is always the list itself.

jens