[ZWeb] "Token 'ATOM' required, 'EOF' found" error in zopeorg

Mark Pratt mark at zopemag.com
Sat Jan 22 13:29:11 EST 2005

Hi,

I am
On Jan 21, 2005, at 6:03 PM, Jens Vagelpohl wrote:

> On Jan 21, 2005, at 15:47, Andrew Sawyers wrote:
>

> Amen to that.
>
> It's not just the fact that there is other software that adds
> unnecessary layers and that no one at ZC uses, unfortunately those
> layers are also badly done and badly broken in way too many places.
>
> The current maintenance strategy is based on the hope that a lot of
> fixing will some day make the software do better, but IMNSHO I cannot
> see that succeeding. There are too many problems and too many
> fundamental flaws in the design and implementation.
>
> While speaking with Andrew I have volunteered to help create a saner
> basis for zope.org. It is unlikely that ZC is willing to spearhead
> such an effort (no time, no willingness to throw good money after bad,
> etc), which I understand. The biggest problem that creates is a
> leadership vacuum and any efforts would soon peter out in a flood of
> discussions from a whole lot of more or less well-meaning people. It
> cannot work without a tightly organized *small* group of developers
> that can work without interference from the community at large. That's
> how things get done.

Am in agreement to that but to a point. What software runs in the
backgroun / is easier to maintain I leave to the people who actually
have to maintain / work with the code.

But how would you approach this? What would happen to custom things
that are on the site. Could this for example impact the
two to three link items we need for the doc section.

If its only two people who decide what and how a new zope.org is set up
than that would rub many the wrong way.
Especially when their is not just interest but a commitment to help out.

Cheers,

Mark