[ZWeb] "Token 'ATOM' required, 'EOF' found" error in zopeorg

Jens Vagelpohl jens at dataflake.org
Mon Jan 24 07:11:07 EST 2005

> | - badly implemented migration process that migrated within the same
> | ZODB with the result that the ZODB itself is damaged (you should seee
> | those ZEO server logs, they are scary) and all the old content and
> | software is still left in there with everyone too scared to try and
> | remove it for fear of hidden dependencies.
>
> I don't believe in damaged or unfixable ZODBs. May Tim Peters prove me
> wrong.

The fact that it might be possible to fix some of that (especially the
many POSKeyErrors showing in the log) is no excuse - they should not
have been there to begin with.

It comes down to a matter of time/money that is spent on two different

- keep fixing the broken old version and get people to work on a
strange mix of software running on a damaged ZODB

- build a new one from scratch with maintainability in mind.

If you really think about what zope.org has in terms of features it's
not all that much. Building the same on top of CMF 1.5 probably won't
take a whole lot of effort.

jens