[ZWeb] Re: website design discussion

Philipp von Weitershausen philipp at weitershausen.de
Mon Aug 28 09:53:02 EDT 2006

Tom Von Lahndorff wrote:

> Here we go again.
>
> Step 1. Propose a project to the Zope community.
> Step 2. Plone sucks / Plone is great battle begins, everyone complains
> about what they dont like.
> Step 3. No actual work ever gets done.
> Step 4. Repeat in 6 months.

Hey Tom,

thanks for your great designs. I think all of them are an improvement
over the current one. One can tell you put a lot of work in them. Don't
be irritated by ChrisW's occasional rants. It's not a personal thing. :)

You asked for our thoughts in your original email and it seems that most
people prefer Design 1 v3. Let me add my +1 to that as well. I for one
think this one scales a lot better for different browser sizes than
Design 2. I also think it's being brighter than Design 2 gives it a
friendler tone. In fact, I think Design 1 v3 could use an even brighter
blue (not too much, though)...

Having to agree on a design is such a difficult task because it involves
different people's tastes. We should be thankful when the consensus is
as clear as it is now :).

Keep up the good work,

Philipp