[ZWeb] zope web status report 2006-02-06

Martin Aspeli optilude at gmx.net
Thu Feb 9 17:19:55 EST 2006

On Thu, 09 Feb 2006 13:00:43 -0000, Chris Withers <chris at simplistix.co.uk>
wrote:

> Tonico Strasser wrote:
>> IMHO, the most important change for reducing visual design complexity,
>> is to get rid of the /Members section, including log in/log out, and
>> the whole TTW content management system.
>>  I think it's much easier to add and update content with SVN. (This
>> would also effectively eliminate the SPAM problem.)
>
> Although you loose the place that many people use to store their
> products for distribution :-/
>
> Oh well, if this new thing actually works, I guess the trade off is
> worth it...

We solved this by providing them a better place to put their products. :)

http://plone.org/products

I realise that running this thing on Plone may not be feasible, but Plone
has put a lot of effort into the /products and /documentation sections
(and more updates are en-route, as soon as limi gets a few spare cycles).

Martin

--
(muted)