[ZWeb] me too. so what to do ?

Simon Michael simon at joyful.com
Wed Mar 1 14:39:14 EST 2006

> Doing nothing means that we are stuck with a broken and unmaintained Plone
> 1 site as our public face for awhile longer.  I don't think any of us
> really want that.

I piggyback on Geoff's insightful post and say the same thing about
Zwiki. It's bad marketing for the project I'm trying to grow here,
forgetting about Zope for a moment.

I mailed Rob and Jim directly offering to help with an upgrade. They are
the only people I know who could unblock the red tape that keeps
zope.org static. No response (under their radar, I expect).

So where does this leave us ? Isn't it time to fork zope.org ? Not in
the destructive bad-feeling sense. I mean isn't it up to we the
community to get organized, get focussed and build what we really want,
prove with running code and *happy users* that it works, and then come
back to see if Zope corp. wants to point zope.org there ? I don't expect
one such attempt will be enough, there should be several. I've done it
once at zopewiki.org. I'd love to see some plone-based visions of zope.org.