[ZWeb] Re: Zope Foundation membership drive

Martijn Faassen faassen at infrae.com
Tue Nov 21 07:46:47 EST 2006

Jim Fulton wrote:
[snip]
> OK, I'll update these files.  I too wonder how the
> web site gets updated.  I wish there was some way
> to preview changes.  Or to push updates when (not if)
> screw something up. :)

What you can do to at least check out the restructured text is to run
'htmlize' in the checkout.

There's unfortunately a difference between what I wanted and what we
got, as we couldn't suppress our technology happiness.

What I wanted was a bunch of scripts you can run that would deliver a
finished website in a directory somewhere that could be served with
Apache for now. This can be easily tested locally.

What we got is something dynamic integrated in the Apache server, though
I believe it's also still possible to run it in script mode? I don't
know and I should make it my business to find out. Tres also wrote some
code that we could use that does the same thing in Zope.

What we should do minimally is add a README.txt to the zf svn that
documents the procedure people can take. Can someone who knows what to
do add a README.txt with all the needed information? Of course it
shouldn't be such that the README.txt gets picked up by the script. :)

What we're *going* to do is move this site to a different server
altogether. We could integrate it with some Zope-based CMS such as Plone
if anyone is willing to integrate the current layout into Plone.

Regards,

Martijn