[ZWeb] making planet.zope.org be planet.zope.org

Justizin justizin at siggraph.org
Mon Oct 9 11:23:29 EDT 2006

On 10/9/06, Martijn Faassen <faassen at infrae.com> wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> I believe with our recent DNS adjustments we *might* be able to make
> planet.zope.org in fact *be* planet.zope.org, and not just a redirect to
> www.zope.org/Planet.

Keep in mind the DNS will not stabilize until at least end of week.
This reminds me to nag Rob to update the zope.org registrar today.

> What steps would need to be taken to make this possible? By itself not
> an interesting task, but it's a good test case if we want to expose
> other things like, say, wiki.zope.org or trac.zope.org in the future.

So, we want to expose http://www.zope.org/Planet as http://planet.zope.org/ ?

We can always proxy a rewrite to the existing page, but this will make
the navigation a little bit awkward.  It's a start, I suppose.

BTW, what code is behind the Zope Planet?  It looks like it is running
in the zope.org site, not as something external like PlanetPlanet.

> (note that I still don't seem to have any volunteers who *actually* have
> access to the zope.org apache. This means signing a special ZC agreement
> that's not the contributor's agreement for entering their hosting
> environment. All this is temporary as we continue to look for ways to
> move gradually off that brittle setup)

Yeah I'll get with rob on this agreement as well..

Best!

Justin

--
Justizin, Independent Interactivity Architect
ACM SIGGRAPH SysMgr, Reporter