[ZWeb] DNS still fishy?

Justizin justizin at siggraph.org
Thu Oct 12 08:03:47 EDT 2006

On 10/12/06, Christian Theune <ct at gocept.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I think DNS is still (or again?) fishy.
>
> Currently cvs.zope.org resolves to .171 for me (which should be 173).
> That's what at least on of the community DNS servers tells me. Other
> community DNS servers seem not to know anything about zope.org at all.
>
> Some protocols:
>
> ctheune at uter ~ $ host svn.zope.org
> svn.zope.org is an alias for cvs.zope.org.
> cvs.zope.org has address 63.240.213.171
>
> ctheune at uter ~ $ dig zope.org
> zope.org.               5739    IN      NS      ns1.zoneedit.com.
> zope.org.               5739    IN      NS      ns1.dataflake.org.
> zope.org.               5739    IN      NS      ns7.zoneedit.com.
> zope.org.               5739    IN      NS      cabana.palladion.com.
> zope.org.               5739    IN      NS      seconly.rackspace.com.
> zope.org.               5739    IN      NS      ns.qutang.net.

This is wrong, most of these slaves never coordinated with me to
receive a copy of the zone.  only ns.qutang.net has a copy.

ns*.zope.com have semi-identical copies, but have not transferred the
latest zone from zoneedit afaik.

--
Justizin, Independent Interactivity Architect
ACM SIGGRAPH SysMgr, Reporter