[ZWeb] DNS still fishy?

Lennart Regebro regebro at gmail.com
Thu Oct 12 10:05:23 EDT 2006

Just a couple of notes here.

Although zoneedit has been running fine for me for years without a
single problem, obviously it would be nice with some backup.
Preferably something with another ISP and located on like another
continent or something. Two of these backups would be even better.

But honestly, compare the likelyhood that all three of these would
fail at one time, together with the increasing likelyhood than one
server of them is misconfigured and starts disturbing the usage for a
minor part of the users, then we will quickly realize that the more
backups and failsafes we have the larger the likelyhood that something
of this will go wrong.

8 servers seems to be to be a complete overkill, and it will only
cause problems. I will change my mind on this the time all zone-edit
servers stop working at the same time as two of the backups fail.

Don't overcomplicate things. It just makes them fail.