[ZWeb] Re: the maintenance of change logs

Martijn Faassen faassen at infrae.com
Mon Sep 25 11:17:01 EDT 2006

Lennart Regebro wrote:
> On 9/25/06, Andrew Sawyers <andrew at sawdog.com> wrote:
>> The reason it should be done, would be to improve the underlying
>> hardware. The other reason would be so that the community can
>> manage all aspects of it's setup.  If it's still like it was, then
>> parts of the architecture are not going to be accessible by anyone
>> in the community.  If I were doing it, I would put as little effort
>> into the existing setup as possible and all effort into where it's
>> going.
>
> I totaly agree with that.

Me too. I'm trying to figure out how to get from here to there.
Preferably I just let zope.org be what it is, and surround it with stuff
that runs from new instances, either as foo.zope.org or zope.org/foo.

We have several candidates to run from other instances:

Particular applications:

planet.zope.org
wiki.zope.org

Fairly simple websites, at least to start out, later we can move to CMS:

www.zope.org/foundation
www.zope.org/zope3

and whatever our projects infrastructure will be like:

big projects:

www.zope.org/projects/cmf
www.zope.org/projects/zc.buildout

and smaller projects: