[ZWeb] Re: the maintenance of change logs

Jim Fulton jim at zope.com
Mon Sep 25 11:52:06 EDT 2006

On Sep 25, 2006, at 6:38 AM, Jens Vagelpohl wrote:

> On 25 Sep 2006, at 12:05, Martijn Faassen wrote:
>> > Incidentally I'd like to float the idea of moving zopewiki to (some
>> > incarnation of) zope.org. Eg put it at zope.org/wiki
>>
>> > +1 on the idea, it wouldn't even have to be in the same Zope
>> instance,
>> > rewrite rules can do the stitching-in.
>> >
>> > I'd assume this is more of a foundation decision, though?
>>
>> Consider this a foundation decision, let's do it. zope.org/wiki is
>> the way to go.
>>
>> Separate instance with rewrite rules sounds a good plan to me.
>>
>> Jens, do you have enough zope.org fu to get this set up? Right now
>> the whole zope.org is technically a complete unknown to me. Right
>> now the implementation is the only thing stopping this from going
>> ahead. :)
>
> Unfortunately all the pieces "above" Zope, like rewrite setups, are
> out of reach and only accessible by ZC.

Right.

> I believe there's Squid in front, and the rewrites are handled by a
> rewriter process.

Yup.

> Additionally, there is no good information about the appserver
> tier, either. I was under the impression there were two, but when I
> tried to access them both I thought I always ended up on one and
> the same host.

There are 4 instances running on two hosts.  There is a storage/LDAP
server.  There is a pool of squid servers and load balancers. There
is the machine that goes by many names, including svn.zope.org,
cvs.zope.org, and mail.zope.org.  The squid servers are load
balancers are shared with our commercial customers.

Jim

CTO 				(540) 361-1714			http://www.python.org