[ZWeb] zope.org hosting infrastructure

Martijn Faassen faassen at infrae.com
Mon Sep 25 12:30:57 EDT 2006

Hi there,

Since we entered this discussion kind of from the side with a not-very
well-titled thread, and we've been making some progress, I figure I
should give a summary of the current status:

* ZC supports the move to community-based hosting.

* it is possible to make both <foo>.zope.org and www.zope.org/<foo>
   point to other installations.

* there is some documentation on how the current hosting infrastructure
   works, and people can sign an agreement and then be given access to
   this.

* the ZF can take over control over the name server.

Eventually I'm going to ask a volunteer to become the 'pointer czar' who
can adjust pointers in the current zope.org infrastructure to the new
software infrastructure that we'll be gradually evolving.

In particular it looks like we'll be managing the following new bits on
the hopefully near term:

planet.zope.org
wiki.zope.org

www.zope.org/foundation
www.zope.org/zope3

I also hope volunteers will step up concerning hosting infrastructure,
so that we will have a solid base to host some of this stuff.

Regards,

Martijn